Regional Professional Class 1 Flat Deck Driver
Listed on Aug 30, 2023
Experienced Class 1 Truck Driver
Frontier Transport Ltd. – Thorsby, AB Calgary, AB
You became a long-haul truck driver for the freedom of being on the road. You love the feeling of being behind the wheel and taking in the sights of our beautiful country while you work. Your work day is an open road adventure and the beauty of it is no one day is the same. The added perk of bringing your loyal dog or partner for the ride makes long-haul driving even more enjoyable!
Welcome to Frontier Transport Ltd. We are an Alberta-based trucking company, offering dependable truck transportation throughout Canada. We utilize flatbed, step, and Super B trailers for all our customers’ hauling needs. We have a terminal in southern Alberta (Calgary) and our head office is in central Alberta (Thorsby). We have built our reputation on our values which are reliability, safety, and incredible customer service. We are looking for experienced Class One Drivers which are the backbone of our business. Our drivers must have flatbed experience, tarping experience (you will need to tarp) and be available to be on the road for up to 5 days. If you are ready to join a company that will treat you fairly, and make you feel like family, look no further!
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Compensation: mileage pay at .63/mile to .78/mile to start (based on years of experience of the driver and type of load). Mileage increases are based on time with Frontier Transport Ltd;
- Pay for loading and unloading;
- Reset pay plus a night’s hotel accommodation when in Ontario;
- Layover pay (when there is a no dispatch);
- Paid safety training;
- $1500 Signing Bonus;
- Immediate enrollment in health benefits, health spending account and dental benefits for you and your family (Cost-shared: employer pays 75%, employees pay 25%);
- Year-round full-time employment, primarily Monday to Friday (option to work weekends).
- Operate and drive a tractor-trailer weighing up to 63,500 kg.
- Trips may require you to be away for up to one week at a time and your schedule will need to be flexible depending on your loads; often you will have early starts between 6am and 8am.
- Chain freight down, install tire chains and throw straps, tarping, and assist in the yard in all types of weather.
- Safety will always be your number one priority-you will make sure your loads are secured properly and that you follow safe loading and unloading procedures.
- Perform regular pre-trip, on route, and post-trip inspections and emergency roadside repairs as needed.
- Class 1 Drivers License with no more than 4 demerits (5-year commercial drivers abstract to be submitted with resume);
- 1+years of flat deck experience;
- 1+years of tarping Experience;
- Manual handling experience with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly;
- Experience using GPS and electronic logging devices;
- Strong customer service skills and a positive, professional attitude;
- Skills in problem solving, teamwork, communication, and all things technical will set you up to succeed.
Application Deadline: This posting will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
How to apply: Please email a cover letter and resume citing Class 1 Driver in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.